Himachal Weather News : Latest Weather News
Himachal Weather News
• Himachal to seek relief from Centre for crops destroyed by rain - Hindustan Times 03/30/2015 08:57 AM
Himachal to seek relief from Centre for crops destroyed by rain
More than 80 % of stonefruits including apricots, almonds and plums have been damaged by the freak weather that lowered the temperature at the time of blooming. After the inclement weather took its toll on stonefruits it's the turn of apple growers to ...
• Bad weather dashes hopes of mango growers in Kangra - Chandigarh Tribune 04/20/2015 12:53 PM
Bad weather dashes hopes of mango growers in Kangra
Meanwhile, Dr ML Bhardwaj, Associate Director, Regional Horticulture Research Station, Jachh, Nurpur, said inclement weather and untimely rain would cause loss to the fruit growers. âIn order to cope with the attack of mango hopper, growers are advised ...
• Theog-Hatkoti road to be completed by next year: Himachal CM - Business Standard 04/23/2015 09:18 AM
Theog-Hatkoti road to be completed by next year: Himachal CM
Though, the harsh weather and untimely rain had hindered the work, yet the government would ensure that the road will be completed by next year before the apple season. "All the alternate routes will be maintained during the apple season so that ...
Theog-Hatkoti road to be completed next year: CM
Theog-Hatkoti road to be completed by next year says Virbhadra Singh
• Rain, thunderstorms continue in parts of Himachal Pradesh - Oneindia 04/08/2015 09:55 AM
Rain, thunderstorms continue in parts of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla, Apr 8: Rains and thunderstorms today continued to lash several places in Himachal Pradesh with no respite from cold conditions. The weather conditions have added to farmers' woes, who are already reeling under the impact of prolonged cold spell.
• Himachal Pradesh: Demand for bees to pollinate apple orchards rises - Hindustan Times 04/15/2015 04:10 PM
Himachal Pradesh: Demand for bees to pollinate apple orchards rises
Even as inclement weather continues in the state the demand for honey bees, a natural pollinating agent, has increased manifold in apple orchards. The unfavorable weather conditions are likely have an adverse impact on apple blossom in orchards ...
• 'Excess pre-monsoon showers should help farmers' - Hindu Business Line 04/23/2015 09:31 AM
'Excess pre-monsoon showers should help farmers'
Hindu Business Line
These included +123 per cent in Jammu and Kashmir; +57 per cent in Himachal Pradesh; +175 per cent in Punjab; +464 per cent in Haryana; +112 per cent in Uttarakhand; +466 per cent each in Delhi and west Uttar Pradesh; +724 per cent in west Rajasthan; ...
Another below-par monsoon likely, says IMD
• Hailstorm lashes parts of Himachal Pradesh - Web India 04/21/2015 09:11 AM
Hailstorm lashes parts of Himachal Pradesh
Adding to weather vagaries, the hailstorm lashed many parts of Himachal Pradesh as it was centred around this capital town this afternoon. The Met office said Shimla and its adjoining areas have hailstorm of size of three centimetre each. The total ...
• Unseasonal rain damages rabi, apple crops in Himachal Pradesh - Hindustan Times 04/16/2015 07:40 AM
Unseasonal rain damages rabi, apple crops in Himachal Pradesh
The inclement weather has also affected barley, potato, pulses and vegetables crops across the state. Reports say potato crop on 1,150 hectares has been damaged. Marketing official of the state Agriculture Produce Marketing Board SR Kashyap said wheat ...
• Hot, humid weather in north India - Business Standard 04/20/2015 07:02 AM
Hot, humid weather in north India
Day temperatures also maintained upward trend in Himachal Pradesh where dry weather conditions prevailed in most areas. Una in the Shivalik foothills experienced the hottest day of the season with the maximum temperature surging to 38.0 degrees ...
Mercury crosses 40 degrees Celsius in north India
• Climate change makes apple take on new avatars - Zee News 04/18/2015 09:32 PM
Climate change makes apple take on new avatars
Weather records show that snowfall has decreased as the winters are now warmer than two-three decades back in the Himalayas. A drop in cultivation of apples has been reported in parts of Himachal Pradesh as the crop needs around 1200-1500 hours of ...
Farmers advised to adopt to early maturing apple varieties in India
India: Climate change makes apple take on new avatars