Himachal Weather News : Latest Weather News
Himachal Weather News
• Hot, dry weather in Himachal - Business Standard 09/15/2014 08:35 AM
Hot, dry weather in Himachal
Hot and dry and weather conditions persisted in lower hills of Himachal Pradesh even as moderate rains lashed the region previous night. Some parts in the region had moderate rains last night and Gohar received 64 mm of rains, followed by Bijahi 25 mm, ...
• Monsoon winds head right into Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal - Hindu Business Line 09/04/2014 08:37 AM
Monsoon winds head right into Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal
Hindu Business Line
Monsoon watchers are also looking for signs for abatement of sea-based weather activity in the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal by mid-week next week when the causative upper level wave would exit the Bay. The Madden-Julian Oscillation wave is predicted ...
• Global Warming Driving Migration of Species in India - NDTV 10/01/2014 07:26 PM
Global Warming Driving Migration of Species in India
The most well-known example of species creeping higher could be the case of apples in Himachal Pradesh. "With fewer days of freezing weather at 1,500 metres, apples are now flourishing only at altitudes of 2,200-3,000 metres," Adve maintained. It ...
• Monsoon 2014 'Mild Meteorological Drought': Weather Forecast Agency - NDTV 10/01/2014 10:53 AM
Monsoon 2014 'Mild Meteorological Drought': Weather Forecast Agency
In particular, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Uttarakhand, east and west Uttar Pradesh, east Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Rayalaseema, Marathwada, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura finished the season with deficit (lower ...
2014 a drought year: Skymet
Monsoon makes 2014 a mild drought year: Skymet
2014 mild meteorological drought: Skymet; Not so, says Me
• A tragedy that was waiting to happen - Frontline 10/01/2014 09:06 AM
A tragedy that was waiting to happen
It is once again the meeting of these two weather systems that seems to have been the cause of heavy rainfallâthe only difference is that this time it happened in September rather than during June-July-August (JJA), and predominantly over Jammu ...
• Scattered rains in Himachal - Press Trust of India 10/01/2014 08:40 AM
Scattered rains in Himachal
Press Trust of India
Shimla, Oct 1 (PTI) Moderate to light rains lashed parts of Himachal Pradesh, prompting the weather department to withhold the announcement of withdrawal of south-west monsoons from the state. "The monsoon has withdrawn from rest of the country and it ...
• Himachal heading towards huge monsoon deficit - Zee News 09/12/2014 09:15 AM
Himachal heading towards huge monsoon deficit
The local MeT office has predicted light to moderate rains at isolated places in Shimla, Solan, Sirmaur, Una, Hamirpur, Bilaspur, Kangra, Mandi and Kullu districts during the next three days and light rains or dry weather thereafter and as such rain ...
• India's monsoon report card 2014 - Daily News & Analysis 09/30/2014 09:11 AM
Daily News & Analysis
India's monsoon report card 2014
Daily News & Analysis
Despite the advances made by our agencies in weather forecasting and climate monitoring, the science of meteorology still remains to be effectively distilled so that it can be used by citizens and, wherever possible, expanded and given context by ...
12% deficit in monsoon; rainfall at 5-year low
• With J&K flood-hit, tourist rush headed for Himachal Pradesh - Times of India 09/14/2014 05:39 PM
With J&K flood-hit, tourist rush headed for Himachal Pradesh
Times of India
... visitors stranded, tourists are now making it sure before coming to Himachal Pradesh that it is not raining here. "Before making their hotel reservations, tourists are enquiring about weather and rains as they fear that heavy downpour may flood the ...
• Warm weather in north; rains, mild snowfall in Himachal - Press Trust of India 09/28/2014 09:03 AM
Warm weather in north; rains, mild snowfall in Himachal
Press Trust of India
New Delhi, Sep 28 (PTI) Warm weather conditions prevailed in most parts of north India even as moderate rainfall and light snowfall occurred in parts of Himachal Pradesh today. It was a warm day in Delhi as mercury rose above the 35 degrees-mark.